A shorter tour for those, who would like to give extended dogsledding a first try.
Overnight Dogsled Tour
At 13.00 o´clock we pick you up from the airport or your hotel in Kiruna and drive you to our kennel. Here we introduce you to our dogs and before the tour starts we provide additional warm clothing (overall, boots, mittens, hat). Every participant drives his own team of 4 sleddogs, but if you wish, it is also possible to ride as a passenger on your guides sled. After the instructions in “how to drive a dogsled”, we harness the dogs and take off to our wilderness cabin.
After arrival we take care of our huskies and sit down for a warm cup of tea or coffee. In the wood heated sauna you have the possibility to relax before or after having dinner. The next morning starts with a nice breakfast and afterwards we harness the dogs again and head back to our kennel.
In case you would prefer to extend your tour, it is possible to book an extra day!
Pick up from Kiruna 13.00 pm / Return to Kiruna 13.00 pm the next day
Groupsize: min. 2 participants, max. 8 participants
- Transfers from and to Kiruna or Jukkasjärvi
- Additional winter clothing (overall, hat, mittens, winterboots)
- Sleeping bag
- Dinner and berakfast
- 1 overnight stay in a wilderness camp
- Thermal underwear, both long-johns as well as longsleeved shirt
- Warm pullovers
- Warm socks
- Suncreme and sunglasses (for departures in march and april)
- An extra pair of shoes to wear in the cabins in the evening
- Rucksack or duffle bag (suitcases don´t relly fit into the sleds)
- Scarves / buff
- Maybe a good book to read in the evenings
- A liner for the sleeping bags in the cabins and a headtorch
Please keep in mind not to bring clothing made of cotten, as cotten does not keep you warm. This is especially important when it comes to socks and thermal underwear! The higher the wool content the better!
Our prices you find under"Dates and Prices"