3 day snowmobile tour through the beautiful, snowcovered taiga landscape!
3 day Snowmobile Adventure
Day 1: Arrival at Kiruna airport/railway station and transfer to our home base (with running water and electricity). Here you will have your first dinner and your guide will outline the tour for you and hand out some extra clothing (overall, boots, mittens and hat), also checking that nobody left important things at home.
Day 2: After breakfast you will get all the important security- and operating instructions about handling snowmobiles. Then you will start your tour with a about 70 km ride to our wilderness camp at the lake “Väkkäräjärvi”. The route takes you partly over wide trails on the Torne-river and partly over narrow, curvy forest trails. The wilderness camp has no running water or electricity, but as there is no light pollution around this area the chance to see one of the impressive northern lights on clear nights are very good. Before or after dinner you can relax in a wood heated sauna.
Day 3: From here the tour continues to the sami-village „Soppero“ which is a very small village northeast from Kiruna. In Soppero you spend the night in the camp of a sami family. They are very happy to tell you all that you want to know about reindeer herding and their native sami culture (distance app. 70 – 80 km)
Day 4: On the last day we head back to our home base. According to the wishes of the group it is possible to stop at the famous Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi and visit the site (distance app. 70 km). Overnight and dinner at our guesthouse.
Day 5: Departure
Departures: On request, min. two participants
General information: The minumum age for this tour is 18 years and a valid car or motorbike drivers licence is necessary. Every guest will drive his own snowmobile. In case of damage we have an excess fee from up to 6.000 SEK!
- Transfers from and to Kiruna airport or train station
- Additional winter clothing (overall, hat, mittens, winterboots) and equipment
- Sleeping bag
- full board
- 2 overnight stays at our guesthouse
- 2 overnight stays in wilderness camps
- Thermal underwear, both long-johns as well as longsleeved shirt
- Warm pullovers
- Several pairs of warm socks
- Suncreme and sunglasses (for departures in March and April)
- An extra pair of shoes to wear in the cabins in the evening
- Rucksack or duffle bag (suitcases are difficult to transport)
- Scarves / buff
- Maybe a good book to read in the evenings
- A liner for the sleeping bags in the cabins and a headtorch
Please keep in mind not to bring clothing made of cotten, as cotten does not keep you warm. This is especially important when it comes to socks and thermal underwear! The higher the wool content the better!
Our prices you find under"Dates and Prices"