You are just visiting Kiruna for a couple of days? Then this tour is a perfect choice for you!
Day 1: At 13.00 pm. we pick you up from the airport or your hotel in Kiruna and take you to our homebase (about 15 minutes drive). Here we provide additional winter clothing (overall, winterboots, hat, mittens). After an introduction in "how to drive a snowmobile" you take off for by snowmobile towards our wilderness camps. Two participants share one machine, if you would prefer to drive our own snowmobile it is available against an additional charge. Sauna, dinner and overnight in the camp.
Day 2: After breakfast we pack our stuff and hit the trail again by snowmobile towards our homebase, where lunch will be waiting for you. After lunch you get an introduction into driving a dogsled and "mush" your own team of 4 dogs out to the wilderness again.
Day 3: After breakfast we drive our dogteams back to the homebase, where we again arrive around late lunchtime. If your time schedule allows you, it is possible to visit the famous Icehotel or a little Sami museum in Jukkasjärvi, a village just 6 km away from our homebase. Afterwards, transfer back to the airport / train station and departure.
Every tuesday - thursday or friday - sunday
General information: To be allowed to drive a snowmobile, a valid car or motorbike drivers licence is needed. The extra charge for driving an own snowmobile is 1.000 SEK. In case of damage we have an excess fee from up to 6.000 SEK!
- Transfers from and to Kiruna airport or train station
- Additional winter clothing (overall, hat, mittens, winterboots)
- Sleeping bag
- full board, from dinner on day one untill lunch oin day three
- 2 overnight stays in wilderness camps
- Thermal underwear, both long-johns as well as longsleeved shirt
- Warm pullovers
- Several pairs of warm socks
- suncreme and sunglasses (for departures in march and april)
- An extra pair of shoes to wear in the cabins in the evening
- Rucksack or duffle bag (suitcases don´t relly fit into the sleds)
- Scarves / buff
- Maybe a good book to read in the evenings
- A liner for the sleeping bags in the cabins and a headtorch
Please keep in mind not to bring clothing made of cotten, as cotten does not keep you warm. This is especially important when it comes to socks and thermal underwear! The higher the wool content the better!
Our prices you find under"Dates and Prices"